Friday 29 April 2011

The Hamiltons

Being away from family on any holiday is hard...therefore when you are studying abroad you need to find yourself another one!

This Easter my friend Grace invited me to her beach house to spend the holiday with her family (Mom, Dad, Gran, Pop, and brother Harry). Her beach house is located about an hour North of Sydney so that meant another road trip! We left on Friday morning for the 4 hour long trip...it was good times. When we arrived at the beach, it was sunny and warm! We planned a weekend filled with tanning and chocolate eating.

MacMasters Beach

  
Sunset




The next day was raining. This unfortunately messed up our tanning plans, however it did not prevent us from going in the water for a swim. The temperature of the water was around 22 degrees and the waves were pretty decent. We body surfed all morning, and even though I was not that keen to do it, Mr. Hamilton taught me which waves were the best to catch (I was an epic fail at body surfing compared to the rest of the Hamilton family).

Easter morning, Grace and I woke up to a trail of eggs leading from our bedroom through the rest of the house. We collected them all within 5 minutes. After breakfast came the chocolate exchange. This is different from what I usually do at home. We all bought different chocolate for each other and exchanged them.

Just a little too excited for my chocolate

Grace is also way too excited about her bunny

That day, the Hamilton's and I spent the day at the beach. It was so sunny and warm that Grace and I put our tanning plan back into action. The water was just as warm as it was the day before and lying on the beach was so nice. The only thing that we had to do was take a few "family pictures". Since the Hamilton's were down 1 kid, I was the replacement...it helped that we had the same name!


Family portrait


I had such a good weekend with the Hamilton's. They really are an amazing family, and they made me feel right at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment